Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dylan Browne <db...@mango-solutions.com> on 2007/07/21 18:32:26 UTC

Rendering Symbols

Hi,

I've just encountered a problem with attempting to render a specific symbol, the greek symbol for micro... µ.

Is it there a modification I can make to my code/document to render this, or is it not possible?

Thanks as ever,
Dylan

RE: Rendering Symbols

Posted by Dylan Browne <db...@mango-solutions.com>.
Sorry, I've just answered my own question... needed to use &micro;

Thanks.

RE: Capturing Client Side DOM changes

Posted by Dylan Browne <db...@mango-solutions.com>.
Good to hear that, as that is the road I have started down, hoped it was
the correct method.

Will post back with any useful snippets for future reference.

Thanks as ever,
Dylan

Posted by Dylan Browne <db...@mango-solutions.com>.
Hi,

A bit of extra advice gratefully received....

I've got my DOM serialized and posted back to the server, I'm now trying
to update my initial SVG doc with the new DOM (or create a new doc)..

So my initial SVGDocument is something like....

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="http://blah/blah.css"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="http://blah/blah.css"?>
<svg contentScriptType="text/ecmascript.... etc etc>
<old stuff />
</svg>

And my new Node to overwrite the previous is...

<svg contentScriptType="text/ecmascript.... etc etc>
<new stuff />
</svg>

And I thought I could call something like..

doc.replaceChild(oldDocNode, newDocNode);
or
doc.importNode(newNode, true);

But I'm getting various errors with the various combinations of
parameters/methods I'm trying. I guess what I am trying to do is very
simple, and I can't see the wood for the trees...

Any tips greatly appreciated,

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Dylan,

"Dylan Browne" <db...@mango-solutions.com> wrote on 07/23/2007 10:12:53
AM:

> In the client browser the user is able to drag and drop elements within
> the SVG document, which is generated via Batik.

  [...]

Posted by Dylan Browne <db...@mango-solutions.com>.
Hi,

I've encountered a problem with exporting an SVG document to JPG after
it has been modified by the client.

In the client browser the user is able to drag and drop elements within
the SVG document, which is generated via Batik. The JS interaction is
provided in a JS file, and the events registered using something like:

g.setAttribute("onmouseover", "doonmouseover(evt)");

If the document is exported using the Transcoder API after client side
modifications, the export does not include these modifications, and
shows the components in their original locations.

Is there any way to inform the server side of the client side
modifications to the DOM.

Thanks very much in advance for any tips,

Dylan