Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rakesh Kumar <ra...@isac.gov.in> on 2007/05/14 12:43:20 UTC

JCaptcha with Tomcat

Hi,

I am trying to use JCaptcha with TC 5.5.23 on the same machine. Is
there any way to use JCaptcha without running X server on this machine ?

Rakesh Kumar

Re: JCaptcha with Tomcat

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
I cant remember offhand wot it was that made me unhappy with Jcaptcha's real
time operation, but there was definitely something that I found very buggy
and yes... you got a problem with headless java as well.... although I did
see some articles on how to try and get around this, its too much hassle....
anyway just want to tell you what I ended up doing and it works well.
I use JCaptcha to PRE- generate a a few thousand entries which I simply
store in files.... 1,2,3,4,5,6 for images and similar thing for capcha's
etc... then I just use a random number generator to get them.... servlets
are quick and no problems with headless java.... all I'm saying if u go that
way... you probably going to bump into the issue I had as well.... there was
something wrong with it... probably something to do with threads and
swing... anyway rather go for the pre-gen method... its very efficient.
Also dont have to have all the XML in your servlets anymore.... other than
that JCatcha is very cool.... but swing dependent.... unfortuanately

Re: JCaptcha with Tomcat

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.

Re: JCaptcha with Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.