Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by whyzdev <wh...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/20 23:00:57 UTC

new to isis and ooui

Hi,

I am interested in isis and its applications. I have been reading isis-dev
and playing with some samples. This is my first shout to the mailing list.

DDD is not new to me, and I am a fan and practitioner for years. Experience
makes me believe that elegant domain models and implementations make better
product/project, development and support life.

OOUI  tools and applications are however more or less new to me. I
understand OO metaphors, generic mapping, and rapid development. But because
I didn't get chance to see OOUI much in practice (maybe just like those
didn't see good database OR-mapping and DDD much but still favors heavy SQL
and services coding), so I am still used to see and use UI in certain ways,
for example tables and trees. So here are some of my questions:

* Any example or suggestions on isis viewers that support object graphs
mapping to table/grid and trees in UI? Like it be able to do CRUD and listen
to incremental updates.

* Can isis and viewers be embedded as part of an application UI, and work
with other parts of application at per VM/process level?

* Is there a Flex UI viewer for isis? Where to start if need to create a new
type of viewer?

I'd like to continue to explore, learn, and use isis, and hopefully be able
to contribute to the above ideas if they make sense.

Thanks,
-Yin

Re: new to isis and ooui

Posted by whyzdev <wh...@gmail.com>.
Dan,

Your comments and suggestions are really helpful. I will buy and read your
book. Thanks!

Regards,
-Yin

Re: new to isis and ooui