Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by ml...@logemann.org on 2005/10/26 12:21:41 UTC

%d{WHATEVER} returns 01/01/1970 00:00.000 on Linux PPC on iSeries

Hi,

i am getting something strange here. My loggers return the timestamp 0 (unix
start date) in each and every log but only after some correct log lines when
starting up tomcat. I dont know when but right after starting tomcat (which
produces some correct output lines with log4j and my first own log statements
which are also correct), log4j cant produce a correct date anymore.

Now i dont if this is a VM issue, but when calling a test commandline java
program which only outputs new Date(), i allways get the current date as
expected.

The platform is Linux for PPC on IBM iSeries (formerly known as AS/400). Tomcat
is the latest 5.0.x and JDK is an IBM 1.4.2

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask because i assume log4j doesnt do
anything else than new Date() but perhaps there is an idea somewhere. I saw a
similar problem of a AS/400 developers in the archives of log4j but he is
unreachable with the printed email address.

Thanks for any hints.

Marc Logemann