Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by WalyBaly <wa...@softhome.net> on 2004/08/05 11:22:56 UTC

applying spam identification with bayes and SA

1) How do i know if my system is performing bayesian filtering. ??

2) I want to also know if certain mails are getting detected as spam ??

3) What I am currently doing is as below
     say localuser gets lots of spam mails which go to
/var/spool/mail/localuser

    so what i do next is redirect the mails to another acount using the
following
    cat /var/spool/mail/localuser >> /var/spool/mail/spamails

    then apply command
    sa-learn --mbox --spam /var/spool/mail/spammails

    is this correct for identifying spams for that user  (or even
globally for allusers )

    how do i know if those mails are being identified as spam ??

rgds,
waly