Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/20 19:18:00 UTC

I created stabilisation branch 0.1.x for Fineract-CN

Hi!

I fixed some bugs and finally managed to fully provision the system. For
this there are now 80+ Postman requests under fineract-cn-docker-compose
project. Feel free to test and give feedback.

I created stabilisation branches '0.1.x' to each of the repositories
(including libraries). Travis builds and uploads artifacts built from these
branches into a separate location in Artifactory. My idea is that we only
merge bugfixes (tested at 'develop' branches) to '0.1.x' branches. We never
merge 0.1.x back to develop.

Stabilisation branches are good for two things:
1) I think we are quite near to releasing the first official version of
Fineract since most of the issues in [1] are resolved. There are only a few
things that by my understanding can be solved without much coding (by my
understanding we just need to declare somewhere that we use binary version
of JUnit (licensed under Eclipse Public License v1.0) and statements like
that for other libraries with similar licenses - correct me if I'm wrong).
2) if anything breaks on 'develop' branch at any time then it is possible
for anyone to use branch 0.1.x that is stable

When we are ready to create the first version we just need to tag the
repostitories (we could start with milestone version 0.1.0-M1 for instance).

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Fineract+CN+Compliance+Report

Kind regards
Juhan