Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Karl-Philipp Richter <kr...@aol.de> on 2013/12/08 06:07:32 UTC

Deprecation message in tomcat 7 javadoc for WebSocketServlet

Hi together,
I'm new to this list and hope to be at the right place.

I have the suggestion to add a reason to the deprecation message for the
WebSocketServlet in tomcat 7 javadocs. As far as I know, the class and
some related classes are deprecated because the functionality will be
handled by Java EE 7's web socket API implementation (in tomcat 8). The
javadoc reader could be informed about this to save him or her some
research time.

All the best,
Karl-P. Richter

Re: Deprecation message in tomcat 7 javadoc for WebSocketServlet

Posted by Karl-Philipp Richter <kr...@aol.de>.
Thanks for taking my suggestion into account.

Karl

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.