Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> on 2008/02/01 09:27:51 UTC

how to re-read repository.xml file without restarting software?

Hi,

How to re-read repository.xml file without restarting software? This
would nice to have when developing software.

Thanks,

Joose

Re: how to re-read repository.xml file without restarting software?

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Joose,

Joose Vettenranta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to re-read repository.xml file without restarting software? This
> would nice to have when developing software.

This is not intended. Anyway it could be possible when using object
metadata profiles - but I never tried this.

Start OJB with an repository.xml file that contains only a
connection-descriptor. Separate the object metadata in another
repository file. Then load the object metadata at runtime and add it as
metadata profile:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/metadata.html#Object+metadata+profiles

If you change the object metadata file, remove the profile and re-read
the metadata and store with the same profile name.

regards,
Armin