Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mm...@wernervas.com on 2011/07/12 20:53:44 UTC

struts 2.2.3 not reloading changes made to xml config

http://struts.apache.org/2.2.3/docs/how-can-we-force-the-action-mappings-strutsxml-to-reload.html

According to the link above struts should reload config changes
automatically when in devMode.

I have config files that are included in the struts.xml file. ( <include
file="common/common-struts.xml" />)

If I make a change to the config file (say change the method param for an
action tag), struts does not pick up the change.

Any ideas here?

Thanks.

Mitch

Re: struts 2.2.3 not reloading changes made to xml config

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
W dniu 14 lipca 2011 20:49 użytkownik  <mm...@wernervas.com> napisał:
> Do not see anything in the logs about reloading the config.

Could you increase logging level to DEBUG and see then ? You should
see "Checking ConfigurationProviders for reload."

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: struts 2.2.3 not reloading changes made to xml config

Posted by mm...@wernervas.com.

From:   Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>
Date:   07/14/2011 01:57 AM
Subject:        Re: struts 2.2.3 not reloading changes made to xml config

W dniu 13 lipca 2011 17:18 użytkownik  <mm...@wernervas.com> napisał:
> Exploded war on JBoss.  The xml file is edited directly and the changes
> are not picked up.    Do you have to redeploy each time for the changes
> be picked up?

What do you see in logs just after you made a change ?

Regar

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
W dniu 13 lipca 2011 17:18 użytkownik  <mm...@wernervas.com> napisał:
> Exploded war on JBoss.  The xml file is edited directly and the changes
> are not picked up.    Do you have to redeploy each time for the changes to
> be picked up?

What do you see in logs just after you made a change ?

Regar
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
Warszawa JUG conference - Confitura http://confitura.pl/

Re: struts 2.2.3 not reloading changes made to xml config

Posted by mm...@wernervas.com.
I've had great luck using the following product for picking up class
changes:

http://ssw.jku.at/dcevm/

You must run your server in debug mode for hotspot/swap to work.

Saves a lot of server restarts.

Mitch

From:   Eric Lentz <Er...@sherwin.com>
Date:   07/13/2011 10:23 AM

> Exploded war on JBoss.  The xml file is edited directly and the changes
> are not picked up.    Do you have to redeploy each time for the changes
> be picked up?

I'm on JBoss 5 and I have to redeploy as well for struts.xml changes to be

picked up (and class changes too - yuck!)

Re: struts 2.2.3 not reloading changes made to xml config

Posted by Eric Lentz <Er...@sherwin.com>.

From:   Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>
Date:   07/13/2011 12:57 AM

How do you deploy your application ?