Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/04 16:26:09 UTC

Errors in CVS ANT Tests

I am getting the following errors when running the testcases for ANT. Are they expected at this point in time?
I am trying to validate some stuff I am doing but first want to have a good baseline run of the tests to make sure I do not break anything when I add my stuff.

dump-info:
java.vm.info=mixed mode
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.version=1.3.1_01
os.arch=x86
os.name=Windows 2000
os.version=5.0
file.encoding=Cp1252
user.language=en

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectTest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.19 sec

Testcase: testAddTaskDefinition(org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectTest):: FAILED
expected BuildException("class org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectTest$DummyTaskPrivate is not public", Project.MSG_ERR) when adding task class org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectTest$DummyTaskPrivate

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.AntTest
Tests run: 11, Failures: 3, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.092 sec

Testcase: testExplicitBasedir1(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.AntTest):: FAILED
expected:<c:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases> but was:<C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases>

Testcase: testExplicitBasedir2(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.AntTest):: FAILED
expected:<c:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases> but was:<C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases>

Testcase: testDoNotInheritBasedir(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.AntTest):: FAILED
expected:<c:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\ant> but was:<C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs>

Testcase: testBasedirTripleCall(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.AntTest):: Caused an ERROR
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\ant.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\ant\ant.xml:12: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\ant.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.PropertyFileTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.11 sec

Testcase: testUpdatesExistingProperties(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.PropertyFileTest):: FAILED
expected:<(520) 555-1212> but was:<1>

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.TaskdefTest
Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.461 sec

Testcase: test5(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.TaskdefTest):: FAILED
Should throw BuildException because: No public execute() in class org.apache.tools.ant.Project

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.types.DescriptionTest
Tests run: 4, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.211 sec

Testcase: test2(org.apache.tools.ant.types.DescriptionTest):: FAILED
Multi line description failed expected:<Multi Line
Project Description> but was:<Multi LineProject Description>

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.types.FilterSetTest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.25 sec

------------- Standard Output ---------------
File size mismatch:src/etc/testcases/types/gold/filterset1.txt(61), src/etc/testcases/types/dest1.txt(59)
File size mismatch:src/etc/testcases/types/gold/filterset2.txt(158), src/etc/testcases/types/dest2.txt(153)
File size mismatch:src/etc/testcases/types/gold/filterset3.txt(166), src/etc/testcases/types/dest3.txt(159)
------------- ---------------- ---------------
Testcase: test1(org.apache.tools.ant.types.FilterSetTest):: FAILED
Filterset 1 failed

Testcase: test2(org.apache.tools.ant.types.FilterSetTest):: FAILED
Filterset 2 failed

Testcase: test3(org.apache.tools.ant.types.FilterSetTest):: FAILED
Filterset 3 failed

Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtilsTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 5.017 sec

Testcase: testCreateTempFile(org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtilsTest):: Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtilsTest.testCreateTempFile(FileUtilsTest.java:281)

Any input on this problems is appreciated. One thing to notice is that several tests are using case sensitive comparisons on a case insensitive filesystem like Win2K.

Jose Alberto

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I do not understand why this is failing when the multiline <echo>
> examples work just fine.  What is been done differently?

I'm puzzled as well, going to investigate this further.

Stefan

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Jose Alberto,

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_...@yahoo.com>.
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>

> > Testcase: test2(org.apache.tools.ant.types.DescriptionTest):: FAILED
> > Multi line description failed expected:<Multi Line
> > Project Description> but was:<Multi LineProject Description>
>
> Nico suggests that this depends on the XML parser - which one are you
> using?  I couldn't reproduce this with any parser on Linux.

I just use the default from ANT (I think that means crimson(sp?)).

Jose Alberto

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_...@yahoo.com>.
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@apache.org>

> Looks as if you were not running the tests against the latest CVS code
> itself.  Not that the <junit> tasks in Ant's buildfile run in
> non-forked mode, so you are testing the version of Ant that you are
> currently using to run the task.  Make sure you execute the latest
> bootstrapped version.

Thanks, most tests pass now.

> > Testcase: test2(org.apache.tools.ant.types.DescriptionTest):: FAILED
> > Multi line description failed expected:<Multi Line
> > Project Description> but was:<Multi LineProject Description>
>
> Nico suggests that this depends on the XML parser - which one are you
> using?  I couldn't reproduce this with any parser on Linux.

I am using crimson here.  And the problem continues.

> > Testsuite: org.apache.tools.ant.types.FilterSetTest
> > Tests run: 3, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.25 sec
>
> Do these tests pass if you remove all <fixcrlf>s from
> src/etc/testcases/types/filterset.xml?

Yes, they pass fine when I remove the <fixcrlf>.
I guess they need to be changed to something more OS independent.

Jose Alberto

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Ralf Wiebicke <ra...@rw7.de>.
> compile-tests:
> Created dir: C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\build\testcases
> Compiling 73 source files to C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\build\testcases
> C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\Tra
>XLiai sonTest.java:72: cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class TraXLiaison
> location: class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.TraXLiaisonTest
>         return new TraXLiaison();
>                    ^
> Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
> Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
I get the same since I started with ant CVS two weeks ago. I always deleted
that
src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\TraXLiaisonTest.java.
And then the tests compile and succeed on my system.

> I did a CVS update before bootstrapng and then "build test".
Mee too.

Ralf.

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I cannot compile the tests now, any ideas?

Try my latest commit (changing build.xml) - when we upgraded to
Crimson 1.1.3 we lost TraX from the "always present" set of libraries
and I obviously forgot to adapt at least one place in the build file.

Stefan

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Stefan,

I cannot compile the tests now, any ideas?

compile-tests:
Created dir: C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\build\testcases
Compiling 73 source files to C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\build\testcases
C:\ASF\jakarta-ant\src\testcases\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\optional\TraXLiai
sonTest.java:72: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class TraXLiaison
location: class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.TraXLiaisonTest
        return new TraXLiaison();
                   ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
1 error

I did a CVS update before bootstrapng and then "build test".

TIA,

Jose Alberto

Re: Errors in CVS ANT Tests

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.