Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/08/06 06:23:33 UTC

Re: 2.0.23? Input filtering...

> Other possibility (Mr Trawick?) is to see if a large POST with the ascii -> ebcdic
> mod_charset_lite filter is also broken.  Does that module also do input filtering
> and conversion?  (I see it does.)  Would someone with an iconv try that input filter
> with post input?  (A big post, seems little ones get in unscathed.)

Well, I have no iconv, but I tried using mod_case_filter_in.c as a test...

A very little file (500 bytes or less) posts up nicely (into upper case, as expected.)

A bit bigger file (12kb or so) hangs up the server connection entirely.

This pretty much proves (in my mind) that it's all just broke, and there will
be no ssl/tls until we can post 12kb into an input filter.

Choose mod_charset_lite, or mod_case_filter_in, either way these very simple
examples need to work before we can approach the complexity of tls/ssl and
get those right, as well.

Bill

Re: 2.0.23? Input filtering...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Ok.  This _is_ specific to tls/ssl.  I tripped over the 8kb pipe deadlocks on NT,
so my cgi was writing while mod_cgi was still filling the output pipe.

Changing the script to dump it all back proves that 15kb posts work just fine,
even through mod_charset_lite.  I still guess it's an input filtering bug, perhaps
even in the core, but much more likely in tls/ssl themselves.

Bill