Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch> on 2003/04/24 21:10:07 UTC

simplifying installation

Hi list,

while riding home on my bike an idea came up my mind: Why isn't ant,
the recommended cocoon build and the endorsed library not distributed
via the lenya-cvs? How about setting up a temporary directory called
"endorsed" on top level of the Lenya CVS hierarchy? This would ensure,
that a beginner get's everything he needs with one download (as long as
there are no stable binaries on a regulare basis available). However,
this doesn't solve the problems that a user might encounter setting up
ant or a servlet container, it could really help a user in achieving
faster a result.

What do you think about that?

Markus

Re: simplifying installation

Posted by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch>.
Hi Andreas, hello list,

I agree with you that this should be the way to go. However, as long as
there are that many problems w/ first time installations and no
snapshots available, I think this is really an issue, but maybe you are
right and people might set up Lenya with more success if there were
better documentations. If I got it right, Alex mentioned some weeks
ago, that he will take care of that (or did I get something wrong?).
Therefore the question is: How is it going, Alex? And do you need any
help?

Markus

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.
Hi Markus,