Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alessio Gambi <ag...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/08 07:49:33 UTC

Exposing Tapestry 5 services (via ServiceLink)

Hi,

do you know if there is a smart (and nice) way to expose Tapestry 5 services
to the "outside" world?

At the moment, by using EventLinks, one can access components in a page.

I was looking for something similar but for services instead of
components/pages.

My use case is about ajax requests invoking remote services.

An idea could be to "annotate" services to be exposed (i.e. accessed from
the outside but not via injection on components nor pages)
and use somekind of ServiceLink (or whatever) to identify the service to be
invoked on the Tapestry side.

I know that all the logic that I need is already there (Find a service by
ID, extract request parameters/context parameters from the Request, Coerce
 them, etc...),
but still I miss the "right" way to do that.

I heard about the tapestry rest integration, should I start to look there to
"get the inspiration" ?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Many thanks.

Cheers