Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch> on 2014/09/21 11:47:29 UTC

with wildcard-source?

is there a way to use <copyfield> with a wildcard-source?
For example to copy all fields of a certain dynamic field type:
<dynamicField name="*ss" .../>
<dynamicField name="*ss_suggest" .../>
<copyfield source="*_ss_suggest" dest="suggest">

Re: with wildcard-source?

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
copyField - Solr is case sensitive, yet does not complain when sees
wrong/misspelt directives (this is being fixed slowly)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Copying+Fields

Regards,
   Alex.

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

Re: with wildcard-source?

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
On 22 September 2014 01:04, Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch> wrote:
> All I have at hand is "Solr in Action" which doesn't (didn't) mention the copyField-wildcards...

Well, unless your implementation is also fully theoretical, you also
have all the various examples in the Solr distribution. They
demonstrate many of the features.

AW: with wildcard-source?

Posted by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch>.
I haven't tried anything so far. It was a plain conceptual question ;)
All I have at hand is "Solr in Action" which doesn't (didn't) mention the copyField-wildcards...

Thx!

What have you tried? Because it works just fine for me.

It's _really_ helpful to tell us what you've tried and what you think isn't operating correctly, otherwise there's not much to go on except guesswork.

Best,
Erick

Re: with wildcard-source?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.