Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alok Garg <al...@direct2s.com> on 2002/10/29 14:39:26 UTC

Javascripting

Hello All,
I am facing problem in using javascript.
The cases:
1) I have a select box.
2) OnChange a javascript method is called.
3) In this method a Form is submitted and an action class is called.
4) on finishing with the action class same jsp is called.

Problem::

5) if now again step 2 is repeated I am getting the error object not found??

On seeing the URL of the page before submitting it was a jsp page and after submitting it is a .do page.

Please help me with it.

Re: in ActionForward.perform()

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

  Do you have specify the Tiles plugin in your struts-config (struts1.1)
or the appropriate ComponentActionServlet (Struts1.0.x) ?
  More answers intermixed.
      Cedric

Roland Carlsson wrote:

>Hi again!
>
>I think I have got some progress in the subject. I found the
>org.apache.struts.webapp.tiles.template.DynTemplateAction and with that as
>model i added a page looking like this:
>--------/layout6/page2.jsp--------------
><%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
><tiles:insert beanName="test.page" >
></tiles:insert>
>-------------------

  beanName attribute is used to specify to get a definition stored as a
bean in a jsp scope. Definitions declared in a config file aren't store
in such scope. They are stored in the definition factory. You should use
<tiles:insert definition="aDefinition" ...>

>So now my action looks like this:
>------------------
><action
>      path="/layout6/page"
>      type="layout.BodyChangeAction" >
>        <forward
>          name="success"
>          path="/layout6/page2.jsp" />
>        <forward
>          name="error"
>          path="/layout6/error.jsp" />
>     </action>
>-------------------------
>
>I get the following exception:
>
>------------------------
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Error - Tag Insert : No value defined for
>bean 'test.page' with property 'null' in scope 'null'.
>------------------------

  You got it because no bean can be found under requested name.

>I also tried to request.getAttribute("test.page"); but it returns null so to
>me it seems like request.setAttribute("test.page", defintion); doesn't reach
>page2.jsp??

  This is consistant with what I have said before. There is no such bean
in the request context.

Posted by Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se>.
Hí!

I have tried but I missed something.

I'm using the code below to alter the definition with the following request
http://localhost:8081/layout6/page.do?body=/layout6/body2.jsp.

I put the defintion into the request but I have a feeling that I need to do
something more. Now I just come back to the original definintion.

// Get the name of the defintion from the URI
        String definition = request.getRequestURI();
        definition = definition.substring(0, definition.lastIndexOf('.'));
        // Create new definition from an existing
        cd =  new
ComponentDefinition(DefinitionsUtil.getDefinition(definition, request,
context)) ;
        // Alter the definition
        cd.putAttribute("body", path);
        // Put the definition where the page can find it
        DefinitionsUtil.setActionDefinition( request,  cd) ;
        // Put the definition into the request
        request.setAttribute(definition, cd);
        .
        .
        .
        return mapping.findForward(...);

 <action
      path="/layout6/page"
      type="layout.BodyChangeAction" >
        <forward
          name="success"
          path="/layout6/page" />
        <forward
          name="error"
          path="/layout6/error.jsp" />
     </action>

<definition name="/layout6/page" page="/layout6/layout.jsp" >
    <put name="header" value="/layout6/header.jsp"/>
    <put name="footer" value="/layout6/footer.jsp"/>
    <put name="menu" value="/layout6/menu.jsp"/>
    <put name="body" value="/layout6/body1.jsp"/>
  </definition>

Thanks
Roland Carlsson

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se>.
Ok, I'll take a look into that one. I found out that my Action did last over
requests... witch it isn't supposed to do. :-( So I'm back to square one.

Regards
Roland

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,