Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Bob Mulrenin <bo...@salzburgresearch.at> on 2001/05/03 16:42:54 UTC

hiding velocity from webdesign tools

Hello!

I'm evaluating Velocity, soon to make more tests.

For use with webdesigners, how can we hide the velocity related text in
the templates from webdesign tools such as dreamweaver?  (directives,
variables, things preceded by # ## $)  This affects formatting and
layout if we can't hide it all.
Has anyone used  ASP/PHP notation <%  %>  to hide velocity within the
template  from dreamweaver for example?  Problems?

thanks for any suggestions...
Bob

Robert  Mulrenin

SalzburgNewMediaLab
Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 5/III
A-5020 Salzburg
AUSTRIA

phone: +43-662-2288-402