Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bhaskar Gopalan <bg...@adaptintel.com> on 2002/04/02 18:50:51 UTC

Windows in struts

Hi,

I have a jsp that contains a hyperlink which opens a new window(filter
Window). The link
points to a action class that inturn opens the window. Now, when I am done
with this window, I want to close it and display the changes in the main
window.
This is not happening and the results are displayed in the new window.

How do I tell struts to display results in the parent window?

Thanks,
Bhaskar

Manually controlling ActionForm instances.

Posted by Bob Lee <cr...@crazybob.org>.
What's the best way to manually create ActionForm instances? For example,
rather than having Struts automatically create a new, empty instace, I'd
like to provide my own (say a deserialzed version).

Thanks,
Bob

RE: Windows in struts

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
You can't control a client side web browser with a server side process.

You will have to use JavaScript (or vbscript if you want to limit yourself).

I can provide a working example if you like.  But just know that I will
steal the script from some example that is already in use on the web.  And
it may be a day or two before I can get to it.

Your best bet is to find such an example (e.g. yahoo mail) and do it
yourself.  It will give you a new appreciation for JavaScript ;-)

JM