Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Dale <ga...@mail1.moh.gov.on.ca> on 2001/06/06 20:30:36 UTC

how do I test the Apache-Tomcat mod_jk connection?

Sorry for this newbie type question but I'm not a Java programmer. I am
required however to give advice on this subject. I believe I have the
connection set up properly but from what I've been reading about running
jsp applications, it appears that you need to build them for a
particular location.

For example, I can run the examples OK by simply going to
http://servername:8080/examples/ if Apache isn't running, or to
http://servername/examples/ if it is. I also can get at various
applications that were set to run in subdirectories of webapps as
http://servername/appx/. And I can view html pages through dns entries I
have set up as http://appx.domain.dom/. The Java pages however give me a
long string of type 500 error messages.

The point is, it looks like I have the Apache-Tomcat connector working
and I may even have the virtual hosting (through ajp13 & mod_jk)  set up
properly. Is there something simple I can do to verify this? Is there a
.jsp page that will run anywhere, for example, or is there a simple
change I can make to the examples to get them to run in a virtual host?