Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/14 12:05:29 UTC

troubles with delta import

Hey there, I am using dataimport with full-import successfully but there's no
way do make it work with delta-import. Aparently solr doesn't show any error
but it does not do what it is supose to.
I thing the problme is with dataimport.properties because it is never
updated. I have it placed in the same folder as solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml and the writing permissions are set propertly. What makes me
doubt is that couldn't find anywhere to tell solr the path of this file.
Don't know if solr is suposed to find it automatically.

My data-config.xml looks like this:
<dataConfig>
    <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://path_db" user="user" password="pwd"/>
    <document name="product">
    	<entity name="entity_n" pk="id" query="select id,field1 from table
order by id limit 1000" deltaQuery="select id from table where
dt_last_modified > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}' order by id" >
    	    	<field name="id" column="id" />
		<field name="field1" column="field1" />
        </entity>
    </document>
</dataConfig>
*I have in the rows of the table a timestamp field called dt_last_modified

Other thing that can't exactly understant is why i have to put the query and
delta-query... why just with deltaquery (with more fields in the select) is
not enough?

After the ejecution everything seems to go ok (even with the debug and
verbose mode) but no docs have changed and dataimport.properties is not
updated...

Any suggestion? Have done many tests but no way...

Re: troubles with delta import

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Mark, even if the dataimport.properties is not present, DIH will create it.

Are you seeing any exceptions in the log or in the debug mode?

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> >> dt_last_modified > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}' order by id" >
> >>                <field name="id" column="id" />
> >>                <field name="field1" column="field1" />
> >>        </entity>
> >>    </document>
> >> </dataConfig>
> >> *I have in the rows of the table a timestamp field called
> >> dt_last_modified
> >>
> >> Other thing that can't exactly understant is why i have to put the query
> >> and
> >> delta-query... why just with deltaquery (with more fields in the select)
> >> is
> >> not enough?
> >>
> >> After the ejecution everything seems to go ok (even with the debug and
> >> verbose mode) but no docs have changed and dataimport.properties is not
> >> updated...
> >>
> >> Any suggestion? Have done many tests but no way...

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: troubles with delta import

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Shalin,

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there, I am using dataimport with full-import successfully but there's no
> way do make it work with delta-import. Aparently solr doesn't show any error
> but it does not do what it is supose to.
> I thing the problme is with dataimport.properties because it is never
> updated. I have it placed in the same folder as solrconfig.xml and
> schema.xml and the writing permissions are set propertly. What makes me
> doubt is that couldn't find anywhere to tell solr the path of this file.
> Don't know if solr is suposed to find it automatically.
>
> My data-config.xml looks like this:
> <dataConfig>
>    <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
> url="jdbc:mysql://path_db" user="user" password="pwd"/>
>    <document name="product">
>        <entity name="entity_n" pk="id" query="select id,field1 from table
> order by id limit 1000" deltaQuery="select id from table where
> dt_last_modified > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}' order by id" >
>                <field name="id" column="id" />
>                <field name="field1" column="field1" />
>        </entity>
>    </document>
> </dataConfig>
> *I have in the rows of the table a timestamp field called dt_last_modified
>
> Other thing that can't exactly understant is why i have to put the query and
> delta-query... why just with deltaquery (with more fields in the select) is
> not enough?
deltaQuery is used to identify the changed rows.
after the changed rows are identified , it uses the query, or
deltaImportQuery to do the actual import

> After the ejecution everything seems to go ok (even with the debug and
> verbose mode) but no docs have changed and dataimport.properties is not
> updated...
>
> Any suggestion? Have done many tests but no way...

--Noble Paul

Re: troubles with delta import

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Shalin!
Now at least I am getting some errors in the log file :D... Hope now I will
be able to find the problem.
Thanks for everything!

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Ok I found the problem.

> [...]

> class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler"
> default="false">
>    <lst name="defaults">
>        <!-- <str name="update.processor">dedupe</str> -->
>        <str
>
> name="config">/opt/netbeans-5.5.1/enterprise3/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/bin/solr/conf/data-config.xml</str>
>    </lst>
>  </requestHandler>
>
> data-config.xml:
>
> <dataConfig>
>    <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
> url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/trovit_es" user="root" password=""/>
>    <document name="item">
>        <entity name="tables" pk="id" query="select id,field1 from table by
> id
> limit 1000" deltaQuery="select id from table where dt_last_modified >
> '${dataimporter.last_index_time}' order by id" >

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: troubles with delta import