Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Partycki Piotr <Pi...@AmplicoLife.pl> on 2002/09/09 12:34:14 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.0 fresh configuration problem

Hi
I have a problem with fresh Tomcat 4.1.0 installation.
When I try http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/ I get:
"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP" ,

and in log I get:

2002-09-09 12:14:57 Error compiling file:
D:\Java\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\admin\/login_jsp.java
[javac] Compiling 1 source file
D:\Java\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\admin\login_jsp.java:69: package
org.apache.struts.taglib.html does not exist
      org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag _jspx_th_html_html_0 =
(org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag)
_jspx_tagPool_html_html_locale.get(org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag.cla
ss);

My JAVA_HOME variable is set correctly. What could cause this problem?

TIA

Re: [OT] Linux environment variables

Posted by Ignacio Cárdenas <ia...@eresmas.com>.

[OT] Linux environment variables

Posted by Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it>.
Hi guys.
Sorry, i'm not expert in linux
I need that some environment variables (like JAVA_HOME) are visible to a
specified user
Until today i worked with root, so i placed them in /etc/profile.
I'd like now them are visible only for the specified user (also the
installation is done by the user).
Is there a file for the user where i can place them?

Sorry my english and my poor linux knowledge

Giorgio

Re: Tomcat 4.1.0 fresh configuration problem

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Partycki Piotr wrote:
> Hi
> I have a problem with fresh Tomcat 4.1.0 installation.
> When I try http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/ I get:
> "org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
> class for JSP" ,
>
> and in log I get:
>
> 2002-09-09 12:14:57 Error compiling file:
> D:\Java\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\admin\/login_jsp.java
> [javac] Compiling 1 source file
> D:\Java\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\admin\login_jsp.java:69: package
> org.apache.struts.taglib.html does not exist
>       org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag _jspx_th_html_html_0 =
> (org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag)
> _jspx_tagPool_html_html_locale.get(org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag.cla
> ss);
>
> My JAVA_HOME variable is set correctly. What could cause this problem?

Install Tomcat on the C: drive.
(this is apparently caused by an Ant bug; there will be a workaround in
4.1.11)

Remy