Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/04/28 21:23:28 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CXF 2.1 Released!

The Apache Incubator CXF team is proud to announce the availability of
the 2.1 release!

Apache CXF is an open source services framework. CXF helps you build
and develop services using frontend programming APIs, like JAX-WS. These
services can speak a variety of protocols such as SOAP, XML/HTTP,
RESTful HTTP, or CORBA and work over a variety of transports such as
HTTP, JMS or JBI.

CXF includes a broad feature set, but it is primarily focused on the
following areas:

* Web Services Standards Support: CXF supports a variety of web service
standards including SOAP, the WSI Basic Profile, WSDL, WS-Addressing,
WS-Policy, WS-ReliableMessaging, and WS-Security.

* Frontends: CXF supports a variety of "frontend" programming models. CXF
provides a JAX-WS 2.1 Compliant frontend. It also includes a "simple
frontend" which allows creation of clients and endpoints without
annotations. CXF supports both contract first development with WSDL and
code first development starting from Java.

* Ease of use: CXF is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. There
are simple APIs to quickly build code-first services, Maven plug-ins to
make tooling integration easy, JAX-WS API support, Spring 2.0 XML
support to make configuration a snap, and much more.

What's new in CXF 2.1:
* JAX-WS 2.1 support - the JAX-WS implementation has been updated to the
JAX-WS 2.1 specification level.  Code generatation is JAX-WS 2.1/JAXB
2.1 compliant.

* Initial implementation of JAX-RS 0.6 REST based service framework.

* Javascript client generation and support - SOAP based endpoints can
have javascript clients created automatically with ?js URL.  There is
also command line tooling.

* CORBA binding merged from Yoko - JAX-WS Clients/Servers can talk IIOP
to allow communication with other CORBA processess.  Tooling for IDL ->
WSDL, WSDL -> IDL, etc... are there to support this.

* New java2ws tooling to support better "java first" development
patterns.

* xmlbeans runtime support to allow using XmlBeans for the data model.

* MANY MANY bugfixes, performance enhancements, etc...  Too numerous to
list individually.

Finally, the major new "non-code" feature:
* This is our first release after graduating from the incubator as a Top
Level Project.  Thus, this is a full "non-incubator" release.  :-)

As always, we welcome feedback on our mailing lists:

Downloads are available from:
http://cxf.apache.org/download.html

Thanks!
The Apache CXF Team
http://cxf.apache.org/

CXF Client and Soap With Attachments

Posted by Bharath Thippireddy <BT...@primavera.com>.
How would the CXF JAX-WS client object handle soap attachments.Are their
any convinient methods to retrieve the attachment from the
java.util.Map<String,Object> responseContext?

When i try the following i see a null value,but i can see the attachment
coming through  the SOAP monitor.

(Map<String,List<String>>)responseContext.get(MessageContext.
INBOUND_MESSAGE_ATTACHMENTS)

thanks and regards,
Bharath

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CXF 2.1 Released!

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 28 April 2008, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> The Apache Incubator CXF team is proud to announce the availability of
> the 2.1 release!

Ick...  OK.  Not the "Apache Incubator CXF" team anymore.   Teach me to
copy/paste stuff.   It's now:

The Apache CXF team is proud to announce the availability of the 2.1
release!

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp