Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ch...@emc.com on 2012/01/20 17:42:36 UTC

deploying custom build artifact

I'm using the maven-exec-plugin to run a process that produces a binary executable, let's call it "myBin.run"  I would like to treat this as my maven artifact, i.e. have it deployed to my nexus repository during the deploy phase.  What's the best way to do this?

The deploy:deploy mojo seems like it might work, but it doesn't appear to have the configuration that would allow me to tell it about my custom artifact file.

The deploy:deploy-file mojo has those configurations, but the docs make it sound as if it's to be used outside the scope of an actual maven build.

Advice?  Other options?

Re: deploying custom build artifact

Posted by Ansgar Konermann <an...@googlemail.com>.
Maven build helper plugin. Goal attach-artifact.