Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gael Stehagen <ga...@epk.ericsson.se> on 2001/01/16 10:35:32 UTC

Problems with Locale

Hi, I'm using Solaris2.6 with jdk1.2.2

I can't get the struts-example to work on this machine. I get the
following error:
2001-01-16 10:22:24 - path="/struts-example" :action: Cannot load
application resources bundle org.apache.struts.example.Applicat
ionResources - java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource
for base name org.apache.struts.example.ApplicationResourc
es, locale en_US
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
        at
java.util.MissingResourceException.<init>(MissingResourceException.java:54)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Compiled Code)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:339)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.<init>(MessageResources.java:102)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources.java:579)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initApplication(ActionServlet.java:494)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:289)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:195)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

On my home machine, which is running Linux it works OK.

Does anybody now what to do?
I've tried to set the locale to en_UK, and en_GB, but without success...

Thanks
Gael