Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Desaulniers, Peter" <Pe...@pahv.xerox.com> on 2000/12/01 02:02:00 UTC

Tomcat bombs out as an in-process add-on to IIS 4.0, WinNT 4.0/SP 6a

Hello all,

I am fairly new to tomcat and this list, so if this has been asked and
answered, my apologies.

First, where should I go to search this list for possible answers to
problems?  And what do I do when I get there (assuming its not obvious.)

Now, for my problem:

Using the How To documents by Gal Shachor, I got tomcat to first work as a
stand-alone and then as an out-of-process IIS connection (e.g. "Tomcat IIS
HowTo").  Happy Days!  However, when I proceeded to follow the instruction
in the "In-Process HowTo" document, tomcat bombs on start up with a
NullPointerException:
org.apache.tomcat.service.JNIEndpointConnector.start(JNIEndpointConnector.ja
va:109) immediately after loading the jni_connect.dll library successfully.

Any ideas on what I did wrong?

-- Peter Desaulniers