Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kendall Adkins <KA...@infoad.com> on 2002/05/06 21:15:51 UTC

Java 1.1.x

I have a client who is using a Domino server.  Domino only supports the
Java 1.1.8 SDK.  I have been unable to find a version of FOP that will run
with this SDK.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Kendall Adkins
kadkins@infoad.com

Re: Java 1.1.x

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Kendall,

You might want to examine this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101551941500565&w=4

I don't know whether this is the only problem of the migration to
1.2/1.3. If it were, you could copy the source tree, and use a find and
a perl one-liner to change all of the occurrences. Not nice, and nasty
to keep up-to-date, but it may be a way out. If it were not, you will
have to follow Joerg's suggestion.

Does anyone else know what the relevant incompatibilities are?

Peter

Re: Java 1.1.x

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Kendall Adkins wrote:
> I have a client who is using a Domino server.  Domino only supports the
> Java 1.1.8 SDK.  I have been unable to find a version of FOP that will run
> with this SDK.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Recent FOP versions need JDK1.2, perhaps even 1.3. I think
you should look for 0.18 or even 0.17 on the "old versions"
archive.

Pleas do not crosspost such questions to fop-dev.

J.Pietschmann