Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/10/25 19:42:00 UTC

Re[2]: next stable release?

Hi Craig,

> There will be some substantial changes in the next few days (I fly home from
> ApacheCon tomorrow) that will affect the form tags, plus some new stuff that
> won't affect backwards compatibility.  If you want to experiment and help me
> find the bugs (please report them to our bug tracking system at
> http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888) that would be great -- if you are trying to
> build apps based on it, then I would wait a few more weeks until the feature
> changes stop and we focus solely on bug fixes.

Could you give us a rough outline of those coming changes? I'm about to add
some features to the html-related tags myself. However, it wouldn't make any
sense for me doing this, if you make / plan / have made modifications in the
same area.

--
Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)

Re: next stable release?

Posted by Mikael Eriksson <mi...@bea.com>.
Am I the only one having problems with the Release Notes page? When
I get to it I just se the headers "Below is a list of new features..." but
I don't se any list of changes.

 Regards
 Mikael

Re: next stable release?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Matthias Kerkhoff wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> > There will be some substantial changes in the next few days (I fly home from
> > ApacheCon tomorrow) that will affect the form tags, plus some new stuff that
> > won't affect backwards compatibility.  If you want to experiment and help me
> > find the bugs (please report them to our bug tracking system at
> > http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888) that would be great -- if you are trying to
> > build apps based on it, then I would wait a few more weeks until the feature
> > changes stop and we focus solely on bug fixes.
>
> Could you give us a rough outline of those coming changes? I'm about to add
> some features to the html-related tags myself. However, it wouldn't make any
> sense for me doing this, if you make / plan / have made modifications in the
> same area.

On the Struts web site <http://jakarta.apache.org/struts> there is a
link to the
"Release Notes" document that is accumulating all the changes that will
appear in
1.0.  The current website version of this document is mostly up to date
-- I will
post a completely up to date version when I get back (I'm currently en
route from
ApacheCon Europe).

> --
> Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)