Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Imba Jin <ji...@apache.org> on 2023/01/08 15:19:14 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) 1.0.0

Hello Incubator Community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) version 1.0.0

The Apache HugeGraph community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) version 1.0.0

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

HugeGraph community vote thread:
  • https://lists.apache.org/thread/vsc9gh3obhwzgvj9v36g26w006xr2vjv

Vote result thread:
  • https://lists.apache.org/thread/9brtvd0l2q9ow83dmvpl3g3kngo7cggz

The release candidate:
  • https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hugegraph/1.0.0

Git tag for the release:
  • https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph/tree/1.0.0
  • https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph-toolchain/tree/1.0.0
  • https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph-computer/tree/1.0.0
  • https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph-commons/tree/1.0.0

Release notes:
  • https://hugegraph.apache.org/docs/changelog/hugegraph-1.0.0-release-notes/

Due to this is the first release version, we have 3 people to participate in it.

The GPG user ID(s): Imba Jin, vaughn, coderzc, corresponding to
 jin@apache.org, vaughn@apache.org, zhaocong@apache.org

that can be found in public keys file:
  • https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/hugegraph/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
  [ ] +1 approve
  [ ] +0 no opinion
  [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

More detail checklist  please refer:
• https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Steps to validate the release,Please refer to:
• https://hugegraph.apache.org/docs/contribution-guidelines/validate-release/
(EN)
• https://hugegraph.apache.org/cn/docs/contribution-guidelines/validate-release/
(CN)

Thanks,
On behalf of Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) community

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) 1.0.0

Posted by Yan Zhang <va...@apache.org>.
Hi,
there are some example:
1. Contains Copyright: https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph/pull/2100/files#diff-4b9f512f829374901eeeefd2d6e736770a6bd4652b35730c63745f7547b4b32a
2. Both are apache licenses, but the format is different. Do we want to keep the license of the other party and whether we need to declare it in the notice: https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph/pull/2100/files#diff-1310571ebbb0bf7126d8f2dab4c170c06fd7ab341c6b498413a83fcb74db6470

Posted by Yan Zhang <va...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer.

Vaughn

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Yan Zhang <va...@apache.org>.
Hi

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Yan Zhang <va...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Imba Jin <ji...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot for the review & suggestion

I just send a CANCEL mail & will also address the GPL & binary problems before 2rd voting

Posted by Imba Jin <ji...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the reply, we choose the "loose license" in the multiple choices, and now we only keep one (selected) license instead of list them all in 'LICENSE' file.

Could you help us to review the correctness of the latest update?[1] After confirmation, we will modify all other repos soon

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph/pull/2099/files

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Shiming Zhang <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion, we are working on the issues you mentioned, but we did't found the gpl and cc license in hugegraph repositories, could you please tell us where it was found and how to find it, thanks a lot.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) 1.0.0

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
-1(binding)