Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi <le...@dtqsoftware.com> on 2005/09/07 20:08:43 UTC

Page Parameters

How can I process page parameters?
I'd like to do the following:

1) Use mostly external URLs througout the whole application. So, every
page would be like: "/module/SomePage.html?param=value&param2=value",
etc. That's bookmarkeable, also, and avoids the use of the HTTP session
in several cases.

So far, I've been looking at the ExternalPage interface. But then again,
parameters have no names (only its position, which is cumbersome). Could
we use a scheme similar to the one used in components?? We could declare
some <parameter> in the page, and have the external link service
automatically map the "param=value" to the correspondent properties in
the page class?

Is there a way to do that now?
So, if I have "/CheckUser.html?id=4533", and a CheckUser.java class with
the following:

@Parameter(required=true)
public abstract Long getId();

I could get an automatic mapping of the parameter, and even an event
listener or automatic redirect when the param isn't there?

2) Build external URLs using standard java objects. So, I'd have
something like this:

IPage page = cycle.getPage();
page.setId(4364);
cycle.activate(page);

and have the cycle send a redirection with the correct URL?
"/module/SomePage?id=4364" ?

Is this too hard to do?

--
Ing. Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi
Director Técnico

Re: Page Parameters

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
On Sep 10, 2005, at 8:46 AM, Nick Stuart wrote:

> Thats a good idea leo, but at the current moment I dont think its
> easily doable.But, why not file a request enhancement for on the
> tapestry site? (bugzilla and wiki would be a good place to start)

Tapestry uses JIRA for bugtracking.  I think the bugzilla entries are
just remnants of a legacy system.

--
Kevin

Re: Page Parameters