Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pierre Goupil <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/05 23:04:20 UTC

Displaying a JSP in a pop-up window

Hello, Strusters !

My question is quite simple. As you should have guessed : is there a way, in
Struts / Tomcat to display a JSP, not in the main browser window but rather
in a pop-up window ?

This would but great for confirm requests, errors displaying and such.

Regards,

Pierre

--
"L'une des raisons pour lesquelles la vie est complexe
C'est qu'elle a une partie réelle et une partie imaginaire."

Re: Displaying a JSP in a pop-up window

Posted by Ed Griebel <ed...@gmail.com>.
The trick is to use the target="xx" parameter in the generated <a>
tag. Try something like this: In your jsp you will have <html:link
target="_blank" action="SomeAction"/>. In your struts-config you will
have <action path="SomeAction" forward="/mypage.jsp"></action>

http://struts.apache.org/1.2.7/userGuide/struts-html.html#link
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/10/30/jakarta.html?page=3

-ed