Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2011/03/03 15:50:14 UTC

[VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers

Recently we moved to the CMS for our website. One of the side effects of
this is that we have to grant commit access to allow people to edit the
site.

Technically this means we need to take a vote before any edits can be
made. This is not a very good idea in my opinion. We should be
encouraging people to "just do it" whenever they feel like it.

In my opinion anyone who has commit access to one or more ASF projects
should also be allowed to commit to our site. Publication will be
limited to ComDev PMC members. Joe has confirmed in a previous thread
that this is possible.

[ ] +1 grant commit rights to ComDev site directory to all committers
[ ] +0 I don't care
[ ] -1 don't grant access, the problem I foresee is...

Thanks,

Ross

Re: [VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers

Posted by Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>.
[X ] +1 grant commit rights to ComDev site directory to all committers

Re: [VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
On 3/3/2011 9:52 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Blast, I just realised the email subject is too broad.
>
> For clarity, as the text of this vote says, we are talking about
> opening commit access to the site directory only, not the whole of our
> SVN tree.
  +1 grant commit rights to ComDev site directory to all committers

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler

Re: [VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Ross Gardler wrote:
> In my opinion anyone who has commit access to one or more ASF projects
> should also be allowed to commit to our site. Publication will be
> limited to ComDev PMC members. Joe has confirmed in a previous thread
> that this is possible.

I'm +1 - grant commit rights to ComDev site directory to all committers

Nick

Re: [VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
The votes were unaminous:

With my +1 we have 9 +1 and no other votes.

I'll make the change now.

Ross

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
[X ] +1 grant commit rights to ComDev site directory to all committers

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] open ComDev SVN access to all committers

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 03/03/2011 03:50 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> [X] +1 grant commit rights to ComDev site directory to all committers

Cheers

Jean-Frederic