Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/23 06:17:35 UTC

Proxy connector whitelist/blacklist

The proxy connector in the default configuration was apparently
intended to proxy requests from internal to central, but it wasn't
proxying anything.  To get it to work, I added a whitelist entry of
'*'.

Is that working as designed, or should 'blank' (no whitelist or
blacklist entries) mean 'proxy everything' (as seems to be implied by
the original default config)?

This needs to be documented so I don't have to guess. :)  I see it in
the list of Concepts on [1] but couldn't find anything else.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/archiva/hacking/index.html

--
Wendy

Re: Proxy connector whitelist/blacklist

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
Wendy,

even without a whitelist entry of "*", this proxy connector is working for
me...

Fabrice.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 23/06/2007, at 2:17 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> The proxy connector in the default configuration was apparently
> intended to proxy requests from internal to central, but it wasn't
> proxying anything.  To get it to work, I added a whitelist entry of
> '*'.

This seems like a sensible default.

> Is that working as designed, or should 'blank' (no whitelist or
> blacklist entries) mean 'proxy everything' (as seems to be implied by
> the original default config)?

I would normally say so, but this would mean the action 'add one
thing to blacklist', effectively changes to 'blacklist everything'
until you add something to the whitelist.