Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2017/09/21 12:15:45 UTC

RE: annotator Wiki [EXTERNAL]

Hi Abilash,

Superb question.  Unfortunately, I think that components are created and modified faster than they are documented.  Being open source, there are authors of documentation who are not authors of the code - which is fantastic!   Being the lazy developer that I am I wish that there was more of it!

You have probably already visited the wiki page on the primary ctakes components:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0+Component+Use+Guide
and noticed that the covered components are mostly those in the default pipeline:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/Default+Clinical+Pipeline

In case you are interested in reviewing JavaDocs ... they are also a little sparse in some components.  A Java Annotation has been added to most components called @PipeInfoBit that contains a short description of the component as well as required, alternative, and produced Types.  You can see them graphically in the Simple Pipeline Fabricator GUI:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/Simple+Pipeline+Fabricator+GUI
Additional and more complete @PipeBitInfo descriptions are needed, so I implore the community to contribute.

If anybody else knows of a good source for component information, please write - I could certainly benefit from such information!

Sean