Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Robert W. Burke" <rb...@impulse.net> on 2018/12/09 02:16:07 UTC

footnote/endnote

Dear Folks:

	Thank you for Open Office.

	I have Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on a macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6..

	The footnote/endnote icon does not work. It is displayed but as a dim icon, not like the rest of the icons on the tool bar that do work. I went to the Customize Toolbar, clicked a checkmark in the blue field, which it already was, went back to the Writer page and it did not change from its dim icon. I have to go to Insert to place a footnote. The footnote/endnote function is very important to me. I wrote a paper that is 150 pages long with 500 foot notes. Oh my. That, and the pdf function that I can attach to an email are major features for me.

	I used an early Open Office for many years, before Apache became involved. LibraOffice came along and it worked and I figured, what the hey. It worked and the icons were colorful.  But they created a new version with stark icons that remind me of a cemetery. I went back to Open Office the current Apache version because of the colorful icons and now the footnote/endnote icon does not work. I regret not keeping the original Open Office version I down loaded many years ago since it worked just fine for my use. More Oh my.

	I have contacted the Community Forum with responses, but no cures.

	If you could direct me to an earlier version of Open Office where every thing works, I may want to down load it. My use is simple, I use Writer and almost nothing else.

	I purchased an OpenOffice cd and a LibraOffice cd on the internet. I am using that OpenOffice from that cd.

	Thank you.

Bless Your Heart,
Robert W. Burke

Re: footnote/endnote

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
You didn't mention in your post on the forum that you  hadn't sourced
AOO from the official download site -
http://www.openoffice.org/download/ - which is free. It is not
impossible that the package you received is not what you would get from
the official site; consider downloading the genuine thing and see if
your issue is resolved.

Copied to OP who is not subscribed to the list.

On 9/12/18 12:46 pm, Robert W. Burke wrote:
> Dear Folks:
>
> Thank you for Open Office.
>
> I have Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on a macOS High Sierra, version 10.13.6..
>
> The footnote/endnote icon does not work. It is displayed but as a dim
> icon, not like the rest of the icons on the tool bar that do work. I
> went to the Customize Toolbar, clicked a checkmark in the blue field,
> which it already was, went back to the Writer page and it did not
> change from its dim icon. I have to go to Insert to place a footnote.
> The footnote/endnote function is very important to me. I wrote a paper
> that is 150 pages long with 500 foot notes. Oh my. That, and the pdf
> function that I can attach to an email are major features for me.
>
> I used an early Open Office for many years, before Apache became
> involved. LibraOffice came along and it worked and I figured, what the
> hey. It worked and the icons were colorful.  But they created a new
> version with stark icons that remind me of a cemetery. I went back to
> Open Office the current Apache version because of the colorful icons
> and now the footnote/endnote icon does not work. I regret not keeping
> the original Open Office version I down loaded many years ago since it
> worked just fine for my use. More Oh my.
>
> I have contacted the Community Forum with responses, but no cures.
>
> If you could direct me to an earlier version of Open Office where
> every thing works, I may want to down load it. My use is simple, I use
> Writer and almost nothing else.
>
> I purchased an OpenOffice cd and a LibraOffice cd on the internet. I
> am using that OpenOffice from that cd.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bless Your Heart,
> Robert W. Burke
>

> Documentation/How Tos/Calc: FREQUENCY function - Apache OpenOffice ...

Cheers
--
David Robley

"That's an ugly hippopotamus!" said Tom hypocritically.