Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Hojin Choi <py...@users.kldp.net> on 2004/05/27 07:47:07 UTC

Check out subdirectory problem after checking out non-recursively.

Hi, all

If we have a svn repository like below,

/work/repos/module1/
/work/repos/module1/test
/work/repos/module1/src
/work/repos/module1/lib

I checked out with,

svn co -N http://blahserver/work/repos/module1

the very directory, module1, and then, changed directory to it,

cd module1

In this state, is there any way to check out sub-directories of module1

In cvs, we can use

cvs up -d

but, in svn?, I have read manual, but there is no option doing such like in cvs.

Thanks in advance..

Name : Choi Hojin <pynoos -a-t- ahnlab.com>
Home Page : http://hojin.bogmjari.net/
PGP Public Key: http://pynoos.x-y.net/hojin.asc

Re: Check out subdirectory problem after checking out non-recursively.

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Hojin Choi wrote:

> I checked out with,
>
> svn co -N http://blahserver/work/repos/module1
>
> the very directory, module1, and then, changed directory to it,
>
> cd module1
>
> In this state, is there any way to check out sub-directories of module1

Yes, but it's not what you want:

svn co -N http://blahserver/work/repos/module1/test test

which will create an unconnected WC inside the current WC.  In other words, if
you run 'svn status' in the local module1 directory, you will get a unknown
marker (?) for the ./test directory.  And no operations inside ./test can be
performed (i.e. svn up, svn ci, etc) from the top level directory, since the
WC's don't know about each other.

Non-recursive checkouts don't work the way you'd like them to; I don't know what
the future of them will allow.

HTH

John

--