Posted to users@camel.apache.org by CASAUX Nicolas <ni...@soprasteria.com> on 2020/12/16 20:44:39 UTC

camel-vertx-websocket

Hello !

I'm currenty trying to use camel-vertx-websocket component to connect to a remote ActiveMQ through a "Stomp over Websocket" connection.
Since version 3.7.0 of Camel released today, I can successfully set the subprotocol in URI like this, and it works:

.to("vertxWebsocket://remoteActiveMQHost:61614/?clientSubProtocols=v12.stomp"))

My issue is I can't figure out how I'm supposed to receive the message which are sent by the ActiveMQ to my client.
Indeed, when I try to start another route with:

from("vertx-websocket://remoteActiveMQHost:61614/?clientSubProtocols=v12.stomp ")

Vertx seems to try to start local server (and fails).
I tried to setup a VertxWebsocketEndpoint, with a specific VertxWebsocketConfiguration, but it always ends up by Vertx trying to start a server.

How could I write a route in such way I could receive messages from a remote Websocket endpoint ?

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas

RE: camel-vertx-websocket

Posted by CASAUX Nicolas <ni...@soprasteria.com>.
Hello Claus,

Thanks for your reply.
I didn't think it was a bit abusive, as the component description states "...as a client to connect to existing an WebSocket".
This statement made me thought that it was intended to send and receive messages from a remote server (like an ActiveMQ).

Nicolas

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/stomp-component.html