Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Aniruddha Shevade <as...@actuate.com> on 2002/02/18 23:07:52 UTC

Help with DOMString

Hello
   I have some  problms in determining how the DOMString represents its
values internally
The problem I have is the following
For the XML request
   <UserName>(Some Name In Russian Laung which is a Mix of Ascci and Non
ascii characters )</UserName>

1) When The client sends a XML request , using the Visual Studio I note down
the data as has
been read from the socket.

2) When I Parse the Data and try to retrieve the Data , the Value of the
String seems to be different from
Step 1. In this case if the Client has not specified the encoding, Xerces
-C, I assume is using UTF-* encoding .
 And Also since the Client did send data using UTF-8 encoding, I expected
the two values to be the same

   Is there anything I am missing ? . Any help is appreciated

Thanks
-Aniruddha