Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be> on 2008/04/19 20:39:35 UTC

Re: svn commit: r648381 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/table/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/inline/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/list/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/table/ tes...

On Apr 18, 2008, at 21:52, Simon Pepping wrote:
> Easy please. Vincent has a preference. Jeremias is OK with it, but he
> is not hot about it, so he is not going to do it. Vincent did not add
> the new utilities, so he is not going to do it. That leaves Andreas to
> do it, or me, or ..., or it remains undone.

My thoughts on this:

a) if anyone really has a /strong/ preference to have it one way or
the other, then I would expect a commit rather than a 'comment'. ;-)
b) if anyone states that he does not care that much, such 'comments'
are probably never going to get him to make the necessary changes
anyway. At most, any further insistence would irritate him slightly.
(If he were me, at least...)

All fine by me if you're just raising the question to check if anyone
would disagree with such a change, but as soon as the answer is:
'Whatever, go right ahead if you prefer', then, please, take the hint
and either shut up and live with it, or commit the changes yourself
if it is /that/ important to you.

No amount of nagging about it is going to help anyone. Quite on the
contrary, as we are now seeing (yet again?), if this passes a certain
threshold, it starts to hurt productivity.

I suggest we let the matter rest here before it grows to ridiculous
proportions --if it hasn't already... After all, it's not as if it
concerns any Major design decisions--, and get back to coding,
helping FOP users and everything else that /really/ matters.

Cheers

Andreas