Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Clint Kelly <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 16:44:04 UTC

No schema agreement from live replicas?

Hi all,

I have an application that uses the Java driver to create a table and then
immediately write to it.  I see the following warning in my logs:

[10.241.17.134] out: 15/02/03 09:32:24 WARN
com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster: No schema agreement from live replicas
after 10 s. The schema may not be up to date on some nodes.

...this seems to happen after creating a table, and the schema not being up
to date leads to errors when trying to write the the new tables:

[10.241.17.134] out: Exception in thread "main"
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException: unconfigured
columnfamily schema_hash

Any suggestions on what to do about this (other than increasing
"withMaxSchemaAgreementWaitSeconds")?  This is only a three-node test
cluster.  I have not gotten this warning before, even on much bigger
clusters.

Best regards,
Clint

Re: No schema agreement from live replicas?

Posted by graham sanderson <gr...@vast.com>.
What version of C* are you using; you could be seeing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7734 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7734> which I think affects 2.0.7 thru 2.0.10

Posted by Clint Kelly <cl...@gmail.com>.