Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2006/02/07 21:39:55 UTC

[m1.1b2] Javadoc plugin 1.8 warnings report is empty

Hi,

Our Javadoc Warnings Report run with maven site has failed for along time.  I
finally have time to (hopefully!) resolve the problem.

The report will state the number of files, number of errors=0, and an empty
Files section.

Running it with maven.javadoc.debug=true, the following info is in the log (the
first error message):

Read 276 line(s) from input file
Building map from 276 input line(s)
Parsing line   [javadoc]
C:devrootperforcehealthmatchcommonmainsrcjavausstatevantagehmarentityAccountAWPContainer.java:66:
warning - Tag @see: can't find setAutomaticWithdrawalPlan. in
us.state.vantage.hm.ar.entity.AccountAWPContainer
*** WARNING: exception parsing line '  [javadoc]
C:devrootperforcehealthmatchcommonmainsrcjavausstatevantagehmarentityAccountAWPContainer.java:66:
warning - Tag @see: can't find setAutomaticWithdrawalPlan. in
us.state.vantage.hm.ar.entity.AccountAWPContainer':
org.apache.commons.collections.SetUtils.orderedSet(Ljava/util/Set;)Ljava/util/Set;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.collections.SetUtils.orderedSet(Ljava/util/Set;)Ljava/util/Set;
	at
org.apache.maven.javadoc.JavadocWarningsTextToXml.buildMap(JavadocWarningsTextToXml.java:295)

This failure repeats many times, I think for every warning in the file.

But, if I run "maven javadoc xdoc" only, the file parses correctly.

Nothing is obvious to me at this point - I keep reviewing the jelly file hoping
to find something.  Does it to anyone else?

Re: [m1.1b2] Javadoc plugin 1.8 warnings report is empty

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

  I posted a comment on the issue you opened.
  I don't know which plugins use the bad release of the commons-collection.
  Can you attach to the issue the list of your plugins (maven -i)
  Can you try the last snapshot of maven 1.1 beta 3 :
http://people.apache.org/~aheritier/maven/1.X/snapshots/

cheers

Arnaud

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.