Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Iqbal, Shamsudeen M" <Sh...@ca.com> on 2002/12/12 19:32:07 UTC

long delay in ie

Hello Tomcat users,

I have just upgraded from Tomcat 4.0.4 to 4.1.12.  My application is a .jsp page(s) with about 10 light weight applets sitting in a page.  When using IE to access this, there is a very long delay to load the page or the browser just hangs.  When using Mozilla browser, everything works fine.

Also noted when IE shows the file names it is loading currently on the status bar, it loads many files quickly but is getting stuck on small .gif files.  I found two questions on the web related to this situation, one asking the jar file takes a long time to download when Tomcat is upgraded.  The other asks about why the .gif files would take a long time to download.  But neither questions has been answered.

Has anybody seen or heard similar problems.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks
-Iqbal

RE: long delay in ie

Posted by Ron Day <ro...@ronday.cc>.
I experienced exactly the same problem going from 4.0.3 to 4.1.12.

I posted it on this list, but have not resolved it as yet...........

I have no images or applets on my pages !!!!!

just html

ron