Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2006/04/22 01:13:12 UTC

Remove jmx-debug application

I think we should completely remove the jmx-debug application.  The
application is very ugly and hard to us.  Also doesn't allow you to
execute simple operations like setAttribute or invoke, so it is
really only useful for display purposes.  Instead a user can connect
to the server with jconsole in Java 5 or any of the other JMX
consoles out there.

For geronimo 1.2, I think we should look at integrating the new jmx
console that was donted by Simon Godik in GERONIMO-1163 into the
console as a portlet.

This will also remove one of the biggest users of the deprecated
ObjectName methods on the kernel.

What do you think?

-dain

Re: Remove jmx-debug application

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Looks like you can...

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jconsole.html

- sachin

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
mc4j might work too, though it may need some updates to support 1.x,
not sure:

http://mc4j.org/

--jason

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
+1

--jason

Posted by Chris Cardona <ja...@yahoo.com>.
If no body started work on this JMX portlet I can
start working on it.

http://mail.yahoo.com