Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/04/30 18:53:24 UTC

New Committer: Clayton Weise

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache CloudStack
has asked Clayton Weise to become a committer and we are pleased to
announce that he has accepted.

Clayton is exceptionally active on the #cloudstack IRC channel, helping
users with all sorts of questions and support topics.  He's also been
active on the user list in a similar capacity.

Being a committer allows many contributors to contribute more
autonomously. For developers, it makes it easier to submit changes and
eliminates the need to have contributions reviewed via the patch
submission process. Whether contributions are development-related or
otherwise, it is a recognition of a contributor's participation in the
project and commitment to the project and the Apache Way.

Please join me in congratulating Clayton!

--Chip Childers
on behalf of the CloudStack PMC

Re: New Committer: Clayton Weise

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Clayton!

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
Congratulations!

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: New Committer: Clayton Weise

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:53:24PM -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache CloudStack
> has asked Clayton Weise to become a committer and we are pleased to
> announce that he has accepted.
>
> Clayton is exceptionally active on the #cloudstack IRC channel, helping
> users with all sorts of questions and support topics.  He's also been
> active on the user list in a similar capacity.
>
> Being a committer allows many contributors to contribute more
> autonomously. For developers, it makes it easier to submit changes and
> eliminates the need to have contributions reviewed via the patch
> submission process. Whether contributions are development-related or
> otherwise, it is a recognition of a contributor's participation in the
> project and commitment to the project and the Apache Way.
>
> Please join me in congratulating Clayton!
>
> --Chip Childers
> on behalf of the CloudStack PMC

Congratulations Clayton!

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Network Resource Certificate Management

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Registering keys into cloudstack is not automated. CloudStack does try to
do it for certs that connect to the agents (as you saw), but that's not
universally liked (I don't like it either).

For a real deployment, I expect documentation on how to install the
certificate in the management server's keystone

Posted by Soheil Eizadi <se...@infoblox.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Good show.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Congratulations Clayton

Posted by "Kelcey Damage (BT)" <ke...@backbonetechnology.com>.
Oh snap, you opened that can of worms... I had worked hard to sweep it under
the rug.... lol

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Congrats Clayton!

You know what this mean.  Now I no longer have an excuse as to why the documentation we've put on the wiki can't be added to the official documentation for CS :)

Now I have an official partner in crime....

the user
>list in a similar capacity.
>
>Being a committer allows many contributors to contribute more autonomously.
>For developers, it makes it easier to submit changes and eliminates the
need to
>have contributions reviewed via the patch submission process. Whether
>contributions are development-related or otherwise, it is a recognition
>of
>contributor's participation in the project and commitment to the
>project
and

Posted by Isaac Chiang <is...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations :)