Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by vLex Systems <vl...@vlex.com> on 2017/10/11 07:05:16 UTC

problems restoring backups

Hi,

I'm doing backups of an accumulo database following the procedure in
the readme (clonetable, offline and exporttable). I distcp to s3 and
also upload the exportMetaddata.zip to s3.
I do the restore by downloading the files from s3, distcping them to
hadoopfs and then doing the importtable.

When I restore the tables in a new accumulo server, all tables but one
are correctly restored. When I do a scan -t of that table, the shell
hangs approximately for a minute and it returns nothing.

According to the accumulo web interface the table has data. How can I
debug what's happening with that table?

Re: problems restoring backups

Posted by vLex Systems <vl...@vlex.com>.
Yes, that was the problem! The new accumulo instance did not have the
correct authorizations. Setting the authorizations and scanning the table
works correctly.

Thank you!

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
You can also inspect the rfiles directly using PrintInfo, see
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/accumulo_user_manual.html#_tools

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.