Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by James Cooper <jw...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/31 19:56:07 UTC

Noclassdef.. javax.activation

I have SOAP 2.0 running fine on one machine and am now try to get SOAP 2.2
running on a new one.
On Windows-2000, my classpath is set to contain c:\soap\lib\soap.jar as
well as
mail.jar and activation.jar

And t he files really are in the directories I name. The classpath that
Tomcat prints out on startup does ocntain these
path statements,

However, a SOAP call from a previously working program copied from the
first machine keeps giving me
NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource

What else could explain this?

James W. Cooper
Advanced Information Retrieval and Analysis
IBM T J Watson Research Center
jwcnmr@watson.ibm.com
http://flahdo.watson.ibm.com/
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/j/jwcnmr/

Re: Jaxp vs Xerces

Posted by Ruth Bergman <Ru...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
JAXP is not a parser.  It is merely a set of interfaces that a parser must
implement to be JAXP compliant.  What you need is a parser that is JAXP
compliant.  XERCES is such a parser.  So is Sun's crimson.

Ruth.

Re: Jaxp vs Xerces

Posted by Ruth Bergman <Ru...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

RE: Jaxp vs Xerces

Posted by Dennis Heynick <dh...@idttv.com>.
Sun's JDK1.4 beta includes a full JAXP implementation. I downloaded it
and tried running SOAP-2.2 without Xerces and it worked fine.

RE: Jaxp vs Xerces

Posted by Dennis Heynick <dh...@idttv.com>.

Jaxp vs Xerces

Jaxp vs Xerces