Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Downs <pa...@positive-internet.com> on 2003/07/16 20:13:02 UTC

Cocoon 2.1m3 and 2.0 Site deployment issue.

Hi,
  I have a very simple site deployed with a stripped down cocoon.xconf and
sitemap.xmap.  Initially the problem was:

cocoon version="2.0">

  which I changed to read 2.1.  Then after chasing various class not found
errors (I had to put cocoon-2.1m3-deprecated.jar in the class path amongst
others) I got this error:

Message: Error while reading
resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/treeprocessor-builtins.xml:
null

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

  I have tried all sorts of silly solutions to the problem (copying the file
to various places etc. etc.) and none of them have resolved the error.

  So can anyone enlighten me please? ;-)

  If you want sections of configuration or anything else please ask.  Any
help appreciated.

Paul

Re: Cocoon 2.1m3 and 2.0 Site deployment issue.

Posted by Paul Downs <pa...@positive-internet.com>.
* Geoff Howard (cocoon@leverageweb.com) wrote :

> Are you trying to say that you have a stripped down cocoon.xconf that
> works with 2.0 and are trying to migrate to 2.1?  You'd be better off
> starting with a stripped down 2.1 and adding what you need into it.  I'm
> pretty familiar with the project but I'd still probably get lost trying
> to do it the other way around.

Hi,
  Yep, that was exactly it.  Not sure on the differences but after doing
that the original error went away and I got a couple of ClassNotFound
exceptions.  One for excalibur-store and one for jisp.  I put those in and
it was all happy.

Thanks for saving me a few headaches.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Are you trying to say that you have a stripped down cocoon.xconf that
works with 2.0 and are trying to migrate to 2.1?  You'd be better off
starting with a stripped down 2.1 and adding what you need into it.  I'm
pretty familiar with the project but I'd still probably get lost trying
to do it the other way around.

Geoff