Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by tolomaus <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/03 09:35:33 UTC

Dependency jars not refreshed after interpreter restart in Zeppelin 0.6.1

Hi,

I just upgraded from zeppelin 0.5.6/spark 1.6.2 to zeppelin 0.6.1/spark
2.0.0 and after moving my application's jars %deps to the spark interpreter
UI dependencies section I noticed that updated jars are not taken into
account anymore. Instead Zeppelin continues to load the original versions of
my jars.

I see that zeppelin initially moves the jars to
[zeppelin]/local-repo/2BXAQ6T44 and sends this location to spark. But even
when I manually remove them there it still doesn't trigger a refresh.

My temporary workaround is to have my CI system put the jars also to
[zeppelin]/local-repo/2BXAQ6T44.

I'm using a dedicated spark install in local mode.

Regards,

Niek.

Re: Dependency jars not refreshed after interpreter restart in Zeppelin 0.6.1

Posted by tolomaus <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mina, will wait for 0.6.2!

Re: Dependency jars not refreshed after interpreter restart in Zeppelin 0.6.1

Posted by Mina Lee <mi...@apache.org>.
Hey Niek,
I could reproduce the issue with your description.
I created [1] jira ticket and [2] pull request to fix it. This patch is
going to be included in Zeppelin 0.6.2.
Thanks for reporting the issue.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1482
[2] https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1453

Posted by Mina Lee <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi Niek,

I tried to dig into the problem here, but I couldn't reproduce with
following step:
1. Add dependency '/my/path/a.jar' in GUI
2. Update '/my/path/a.jar' contents
3. go to interpreter page and click edit -> save

It would be helpful if you can point out what I missed to reproduce the
issue.

FYI, Spark interpreter process sets jars under local-repo/${interpreter_id}
to its classpath on start up so if you make changes under this directory
you will need to restart spark interpreter.