Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by dave <da...@nbnet.nb.ca> on 2001/11/26 01:35:44 UTC

Unable to retrieve PropertyDescriptor for property 'iD'

I've deployed the SOAP sample apps many times under Tomcat 3.2 without
issue.
Now with Tomcat 3.3 I'm getting the following regardless of which
example I attempt to deploy.

using:
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

Ouch, the call failed:
   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
   Fault String = Unable to retrieve PropertyDescriptor for property
'iD' of class 'class org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor'.

my $CLASSPATH is
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/lib/common/servlet.jar:/usr/share/pgsql/jdbc7.1-1.2.jar:/usr/local/soap-2_2/lib/soap.jar:/usr/local/soap-2_2:/usr/local/xerces-1_4_3/xerces.jar:/usr/local/xerces-1_4_3:/usr/local/soap_misc/activation.jar:/usr/local/soap_misc/mail.jar:.

Environment
SOAP 2.2
TOMCAT 3.3
Xerces 1.4.3

Am I missing something obvious in the config?
In the meantime, I'll try bringing in Tomcat 3.2 into the picture and
see if I still get the same results.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Unable to retrieve PropertyDescriptor for property 'iD'

Posted by Dave Smith <da...@nbnet.nb.ca>.
Ok, I found the problem.  I was about to list a bit more about my
environment, indicating that I had tried all these combination of app
versions, all to no avail.
So I did a java -version, and it came back with Kaffe.  Ah ha, it hit
me, with my latest install of RH 7.2 I used the 'install everything'
option, therefore introducing  Kaffe and Jikes into the mix.
Now they are gone and so is the deployment problem, all is well with the
pure Sun JDK 1.3.1_01

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by Dave Smith <da...@nbnet.nb.ca>.