Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Alexander Murmann <am...@apache.org> on 2020/08/03 14:23:55 UTC

Apache Geode 1.13 and 1.14

Hi Geode community,

As you might know, Apache Geode 1.13 was supposed to ship two months ago.
In our effort to deliver the reliable, high-quality data store we all need,
we are still working on Apache Geode 1.13. We have some uncertainties
around the quality of what's currently on the support branch and are
working hard to resolve any issues. That's why Apache Geode 1.13 still
hasn't shipped.

The release plan on our wiki also would have us cut Apache Geode 1.14 today
and ship it a month from now. Because we are still working on Geode 1.13,
there would likely be little ability to actually test Geode 1.14 at the
same time. Therefore we won't be cutting the 1.14 branch right now. That
means that Geode 1.14 will not ship the first week of September either.
Once Geode 1.13 has shipped we will revisit the schedule for Geode 1.14 and
update this mailing list with the new schedule.