Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com> on 2004/07/16 19:44:51 UTC

Test Docs Internal Links

Hi All,

I expect that there was a reason that these links were created as they
were?

% podchecker -nowarnings src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod
*** ERROR: unresolved internal link 'Writing_Tests' at line 89 in file
src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod
*** ERROR: unresolved internal link
'Using_Apache__Test_to_Speed_up_Project_Development' at line 210 in
file src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod
*** ERROR: unresolved internal link 'Debugging_Tests' at line 756 in
file src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod
*** ERROR: unresolved internal link
'item_extreme_programming_methodology' at line 776 in file
src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod
*** ERROR: unresolved internal link 'Basic_Testing_Environment' at line
3065 in file src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod
src/docs/general/testing/testing.pod has 5 pod syntax errors.

Because really, the POD tools should be able to resolve the links
without us having to change everything to underscores. For example,
that first one should just be:

   L<Writing Tests|"Writing Tests">

...and then the POD conversion tools should be able to properly find
the internal link and do any necessary transformations. Or do they?

Regards,

David

Re: Test Docs Internal Links

Posted by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>.
On Jul 16, 2004, at 12:44 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Because we use Pod::POM with custom callbacks for generating
> #fragments. don't use podchecker, use bin/build -l to do links
> validation. See bin/build -h for more options.
>
> When DocSet, which powers modperl-docs, was written, the podspec was
> unsatisfactory for many purposes, so custom implementations were done.

Gotcha. Thanks.

David

Re: Test Docs Internal Links

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.