Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/23 08:59:34 UTC

RE: Working parallel on different modules without building and publishing jar files

I'm currently working on an alternative to ivyIDE : ivymakeclipse.

The idea is to generates .classpath from an ant task.

When it will be finished, the task will
 - update the .classpath when changes are detected
 - reference libraries from the cache
 - support containers definition
 - support link to other project contained in the workspace
 - accept a type attributes allowing to link source jars, and javadoc jars
 - accept src subelement to specifiy where are the sources

The benefits compared to ivyIDE is that you are not forced to install a
plugin, and you control more things into you ant script.

It is not yet finished, there is still bugs, and the documentation is not
uptodate (I changed my mind during the implementation), but you can have a
look at it there :
http://ivytools.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ivytools/ivymakeclipse/

Gilles

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 1/23/07, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently working on an alternative to ivyIDE : ivymakeclipse.
>
> The idea is to generates .classpath from an ant task.
>
> When it will be finished, the task will
> - update the .classpath when changes are detected
> - reference libraries from the cache
> - support containers definition
> - support link to other project contained in the workspace
> - accept a type attributes allowing to link source jars, and javadoc jars
> - accept src subelement to specifiy where are the sources

And with eclipse 3.3, as far as I understand you will even see your
dependencies in a folder like with IvyDE, which is a great improvement!

Xavier